Prescribing a Bidet
Are you prescribing a bidet on the Sunshine Coast or in Brisbane?
We install bidets between Gympie and South Brisbane!
Qspec’s licensed Plumber installs all bidets and the required backflow prevention device. Our Plumber will also submit a Form 4 to council, a requirement when installing bidets in QLD.
There is some prior information required before installing a bidet. Installation considerations include;
- Is there access to the toilet seat bolts and tap?
- What shape is the toilet and where is it located?
- Is the house low set/multi set or a high-rise apartment?
- Is there a shower screen/curtain between the toilet and the shower nozzle?
- Is there a power point within 1.5 meters of the toilet? Don’t worry if not, we can organise our Electrician to install one!
- What are the unique measurements of the toilet? These measurements are required so that the correct bidet can be installed.
- Are the walls surrounding the toilet the bidet is being installed onto fully tiled?
- Are there bidet accessories required for the client? See the full range of toilet accessories offered by Qspec here.
- Is there an RCD/safety switch fitted to the property power box?
Due to new backflow prevention regulations implemented throughout the country, new bidet installations now require a backflow prevention device. To remain compliant with these regulations Qspec install either an RPZ valve or 80mm spacer so that the bidet nozzle sits underneath the pan. You can learn more about the backflow prevention regulations for the Sunshine Coast here or for Brisbane here.
Want to see a bidet in action or organise a trial? Make an appointment to visit our showroom at 2/82 Sugar Road Maroochydore. We have two functional bidets on display and a trial bidet. Please be aware that the Qspec team are not able to provide any clinical information so consider joining your client’s appointment.