For mobility restricted individuals, bathing can often become a difficult and dangerous task. Traditional bathtubs can be hard to step into, and the risk of slipping and falling is high. Windsor Walk-in baths have become an increasingly popular alternative among those who require added safety and convenience in the bathroom.
Here are some of the benefits of Windsor walk-in baths for those with mobility restrictions:
- Accessibility: One of the biggest benefits of walk-in baths is their ease of access. With a low threshold and wide door, walk-in baths allow users to safely enter and exit the bathtub without having to step over a high edge or struggle with a heavy door.
- Safety Features: Walk-in baths come equipped with a variety of safety features, such as non-slip flooring and adjustable hand-held showerheads. These features help to prevent slips and falls and make the bathing experience safer for those with mobility issues. Grab rails are also an optional extra that can assist with transferring in and out of the bath.
- Comfort: Walk-in baths are designed to provide a comfortable and relaxing bathing experience for users with restricted mobility. Windsor walk-in baths have built-in seating and jets that provide a soothing massage to help relieve aches and pains.
- Shower Use: While the walk-in baths are first and foremost a bath, they can also be utilised as a shower space using either the hand held shower integrated into the bath, or using your existing shower should the bath be installed in the original shower space.
- Installation Options: Limited space within the home is a common issue, however the walk-in bath provides the option to be installed in various areas of the home. The walk-in baths can fit in most existing bath spaces, some shower spaces, and laundries. By having several potential installation options, Qspec will work with both the client and their Occupational Therapist to determine the most suitable installation space.
- Independence: Walk-in baths allow users to maintain their independence by allowing them to bathe safely and comfortably on their own. They no longer must rely on family members or caretakers for assistance, which can greatly improve their quality of life.
- Improved Hygiene: For those who struggle with mobility issues, maintaining good hygiene can be a challenge. Walk-in baths make it easier to keep clean and maintain good hygiene, which can reduce the risk of infections and other health problems.
- Hydrotherapy: Qspec offer walk-in bath models that feature hydrotherapy options. Hydrotherapy in walk-in baths can provide pain relief, stress relief, improved circulation, better skin health, and improved sleep. The warm water also assists in relaxing muscles, reducing inflammation, alleviate pain, and promote healing.
- Stand-alone: Windsor walk-in baths can be removed, transported, and added to a new home if the users were to move house. The stand-alone feature ensures transferability is achievable, providing users with confidence that their walk-in bath can remain with them in the event of moving.
Walk-in baths offer a safe and convenient bathing solution for individuals that face mobility difficulties. With a variety of safety features, comfortable design, and improved hygiene, walk-in baths can greatly improve the quality of life for those who require additional support in the bathroom.